- Be mature enough to take the responsibility to testify to the faith of an adult convert, or to profess with the parents the Church’s faith when a child is being baptized
- Be able to help the parents as necessary to bring up the child as a good Catholic Christian
- Have received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist
- Be a member of the Catholic Church who is living a life in harmony with the faith and with the role of sponsor.
- Be at least 16 years of age, unless an exception is made for a special reason
- Not be the father or mother of the one to be baptized. (CCL 874)
- If there is only one sponsor, that sponsor may be a man or a woman, regardless of the sex of the child. If there are two, there should be one male and one female. (CCL 873)
Baptism brings us into a life with Christ. If you are an adult seeking baptism please call our parish office to learn about the RCIA program.